Saturday, August 2, 2008

summer

This summer has been up and down for us. We were all very very busy the first part with swim team 6 days a week and summer away camps.. I spent hours on the pool deck waiting, timing, driving kids to away meets -all that a dedicated mother would do.
Soon camps ended, swim team was over.. I heaved a sigh of relief, thinking I could finally work normal hours instead of leaving before I was fully awake in order to get back in time for activities. Packed weekends with hikes and tent camping activities.
The kids were left to their own devices during the week.. with me working from home now and then.
The kids would wake up sometime between noon and 2pm. Then play Wii (kindly loaned to us by my sis) and PS2 and then some PC. I got super tired of this within a few days. Computer is duly locked up and PS2 put away. Kids then stayed in bed until about 2-3 reading.. then played some wii.. I/dad started taking them out to play pool, tennis, bowling, pingpong...in the evenings. tiring after a day at work, but better than having to put up with Attitude after a laazzy day.
I'm really looking forward to first day of school. next year, i hope to read this post and shell out the dough for all summer camp or send them away on a vacation ;) so I can spend the time pining for them.

No comments: