Sunday, June 7, 2009

hmm. a grain of truth!

My younger was going on a field trip to Philly.. I happened to be at the library and figured I'd pick up a book on philly, the liberty bell etc. This turned out to be one of those rare instances where the cup met the lip.. Shankar and I read the book together, which, I found fascinating also.. to see how the rights we enjoy in America really came about and the enterprising and public spirited tenacity of the folks then.
About two days later the little guy left on his field trip and I questioned him on his return as to how it was and if he learnt a lot etc. more pointedly, "Did reading about all the background help you understand/learn more" to which he says:
"amma, what we makes sense for business. for me, learning about all this earlier only made the trip even more boring because they told us about what I had already read."
"So next time we should maybe not preread.."

hmmph!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can easily imagine Shanki saying this..very funny!!!

-S