Sunday, December 30, 2007

Light moments...

When my then 3 year old accosted a policeman, who was smoking near the tot-lot saying: "Mr.Policeman, you are setting a bad example for us. Smoking is bad for health". The policeman hastily put down his cigarette to which, our citizen responded : "Now you are going to cause a fire!"...

First b'day party for my older one. His parents and grandparents are busy with guests. He is hungry.. He grabs some milk from his bag and starts drinking after carefully putting down the trinkets he has collected on a chair behind him. My uncle decides to play a trip on him and grabs his trinkets and hides them. After a few minutes, my son turns around and finds his trinkets gone. He goes up to my uncle (who's smirking now) and tells him "Put it back". My uncle still tells us this story..

My younger son (maybe 5 then?) at a family Thanksgiving gathering asks my cousin's (american) wife: "Are you my mom's colleague?".

I bring S (then 3) to work with me one day.. He follows me all over. Colleagues talk to him and he answers their questions politely. We meet an Indian colleague who predictably asks him his name.. S appears confused.. He loudly whispers to me "Amma, is he Indian?".. I just answer for him and hustle him on.. Later, I demad to know why he questioned me like that, to which he replied.. I didn't know whether to tell him my name the indian way or the american way. And he works with you, so he must be american, right.. I had to give me kid a hug then!

No comments: